The firm collects personal information in the course of providing legal services to clients and as provided by visitors to its website or users of Internet services. We may also collect personal information about you when you interact with us on social media sites and from other third parties.
We may use that personal information where in our legitimate interest to do so for the following purposes:
- to contact you and respond to your requests and enquiries
- to personalize your visit and use of our Internet services and to assist you while you use those services
- to carry out, monitor and analyze our business or website operations
- to conduct our recruiting and selection process
- to provide you with legal services, if you are or become a client of the firm, and otherwise deal with you, and administer the matters you instruct us on
- to contact you (unless you tell us that you prefer us not to) regarding legal or law firm developments that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive publications or details of events or seminars that we consider may be of interest to you, you may do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link in electronic marketing communications
- to enter into or carry out contracts of various kinds
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidance or professional obligations that we may be subject to, including anti-money laundering requirements. Where Personal Information is necessary for the firm to carry out its anti-money laundering checks failure to provide such information may result in the firm not being able to provide the representation.
Confidentiality, Security, and Retention of Personal Information
Consistent with our professional obligations, it has always been the policy of the firm to exercise the utmost discretion regarding the information our clients entrust to us.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate, albeit not infallible, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards intended to maintain the confidentiality of personal information, including that provided by a visitor to this website and provided while using other Internet services. We do not guarantee that our safeguards will always work.
We require consultants, suppliers and vendors to maintain data protections consistent with reasonable and appropriate obligations of data processors, including, where applicable, European Union’s data protection laws and regulations.
We may retain information provided by you, including personal information, for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or to achieve the purposes for which the information was originally collected.